Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sight Words


It is very important that your little one learns the following sight words. We learn sight words to become better readers and writers. Remember sight words should not be sounded out. They should be learned by sight. Below are sight words we have learned or are learning now:

Sight words we have learned: I, a, we, can, like, to, see, the, you, my
Sight words we are learning this nine weeks: and, it, is, me, yes, no, go, at, am, have, here, an

There are many ways to help your child remember these words:
1. Make flashcards together and practice them every night.
2. Use shaving cream...Spread shaving cream on a table and call out a word for your child to write. They love this technique!!
3. Practice finding these words in books together.
4. Use cooked spaghetti to make the words.
5. Use Play-Doh to spell the sight words.


If you would like more ideas to practice sight words, please contact me. I am here to help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment